Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sem 2 Registration

School is going to start in a week or two, have you register for 2nd semester courses that you have to/would like to attend? If you haven't, better hurried up. e-daftar only are available from 13 Dec - 22 Dec 2008 ONLY.

Below are a few guideline and links to help you to do that.

  1. Check your 1st sem's result - Only tentative result (pass or fail) are available for now. Full blown result (with CGPA) is available from 19 Dec 2008 onwards.
  2. Access e-daftar - Login into USM Healthy Campus portal. Login using your IC no and you password. Forgot your password? Click ->here. The new password will be sent to the your USM mailbox (Guide). After login, click on the "Application" on the top menu bar. A mini menu would float up and select "e-daftar".
  3. Check your timetable - Before you register for your course, it's advisable for you to check our your courses time slot/ timetable. This is to save you from the misery from attending two classes at two different places at one time
  4. Register your course - Just key in the code of course you wan to enrolled in and it's type (T,E,M,U,Y,Z). You can check for the course code according to school at here. And you're done.

However you might be having some/alot of problem when trying to register courses such as they doesn't allowed you to take some courses although it's being offered to your school and you're qualified for it. Well, you can contact the admin personally, vasantha@notes.usm.my .

The above is for general students. The below info is specifically for students of School of Computer Sciences.

Links to help you plan your courses

  1. Registration Guideline for Semester 2
  2. Courses availability for Undergraduate
  3. Courses timetable for Undergraduate
  4. Courses availability for Postgraduate
  5. Courses timetable for Postgraduate

Just to share a few problem that i faced. For my experience with e-daftar this semester, it's still giving some headache (read - a lot). Below is the course that i having problem with

LHP456/2 (Oral English)

  • Problem : I can't register for it as it pop up the message that I'm not eligible to enrolled.
  • Solution : I e-mail the admin and PPKT help me to register that course.

HTV201/2 (Teknik Pemikiran)

  • Problem : It say that I'm (I assumed it means my batch, 07/08) not allowed to register as it only available to certain schools. But our guidelines say it's being offered to us.
  • Solution : Currently none. I'll check out again with CS general office on monday (admin asked me to)

WUS101 (Keusahawanan)

  • Problem : Cannot register via e-daftar & no pre-registration.
  • Solution : Currently none. Will check with pusat ko-k on monday

So if you have any problem with registration, please do let me know. I'll around and i'll post it here the solution. Make other's life easier. As usual, the mail is fooxianyang@studentpartners.com or those who know me personally, MSN or SMS me.

Thanks.

No comments: